It was a perfectly beautiful Cape Cod day to celebrate "Mitzvah Day", an opportunity,
organized by our Social Justice Committee, for our congregation to engage in a number of activities
within FJC and in the larger community.
• CAR WASH (in FJC parking lot): dress appropriately (to get wet)! / For ages 10 and older. [We took in $213 in donation for Ukraine Relief!]
• CLEANUP at Little Pond (Falmouth): wear gloves, anti-tick clothing, sturdy boots / For adults
• CLEANUP at Goodwill Park (Falmouth): wear gloves, anti-tick clothing and boots
• FJC CEMETERY HEADSTONE CLEANING: bring gloves and protective outerwear
• TILLING PERRENIAL BEDS in the Beit Sefer garden: to help us re-boot and create a pollinator garden
• E-WASTE COLLECTION: bring your Electronics waste to the FJC parking lot (please note that this collection is NOT open to the public) Scroll down for details, including fees and acceptable items.
• CREATING VASES: use recycled bottles to create beautiful vases to fill with fresh flowers for distribution
• COLORING BOOKS: these will be distributed to local communities (Carriage House, Village at Cataumet – a family shelter, and others)
• SUPPORT KITS FOR UKRAINE (all items will go to Dnipro): help assemble various kits – dried soup kits and kits for children that include art supplies / we are grateful to Falmouth resident Marlene Bohn, who has longstanding connections with Dnipro through her work with the CJP and who will arrange for delivery of these items.
Thank you ESTHER KAPLAN, LYNNE ROZSA, SAM SLARSKEY and all of our Team Captains, for making a marvelous Mitzvah Day!!